Hi all together,

as I had to learn here http://forums.novell.com/novell-prod...ml#post1575605 there is no way of installing a Sateliite Server at this time. So...I have to find a solution for the following problem:

How can I solve the problem of a low-bandwidth-connection between two (or more) locations.

I have a central location and several branch offices, each connected to the central location through an asynchronous DSL-6000-connection

There should be a central Zenworks-server, "filled" with all the software packages I need within the whole company. All users and workstations should be also managed in a central eDirectory with replicas of parts of the tree in each brunch office.

Now...here are my questions:

a) Is it possible to replicate only a chosen number of software packages to each brunch office?

For example:
Central ZCM:
-Open Office
-Gimp
-Foxit
-Firefox
-FreePDF XP

Brunch 1 ZCM (replicated from Central ZCM):
-Open Office
-Foxit
-Firefox

Brunch 2 ZCM (replicated from Central ZCM):
-Open Office
-Gimp
-FreePDF XP

This was why I wanted to install the satellite servers.

I tried to solve my problems without Satellite Sservers with a single zone and (first of all) two servers - one in the central, on in a brunch office.
I changed the replica-mode of the content servers - but the packages seemed to be replicated although I did so.

This leads over to

b) There also seemed to be all Central packages available in the brunch office. What I wanted was just to see the packages which were replicated to the brunch.
Can I configure ZCM the way, that the brunch office's local administrator only can see those (to the brunch office) assigned software packages?

Thanks a lot

Patrick Betschner