We have a BM 3.7 proxy that we use for our normal Internet web browsing via our local Internet connection.

We were recently purchased by another company and need access to their intranet sites via our WAN. To lesson the burden on our WAN we want to use our proxy as a client to their proxy.

On our proxy, I enabled the "Cache Hierarchy Client". I configured a neighbor in the "Neighbors List" and pointed it to their proxy IP address and port, set it to type CERN, and set it to their domain.

From what I've read, this should only forward proxy requests to their proxy if the request is for something in their domain. But this is not the case. It is forwarding all requests to their proxy. And since their proxy will only resolve things for their domain, everything else gets a "Unable to connect to parent proxy server".

What am I doing wrong here?

Here is the desired behavior:

Assume the parent company domain to be xyz.com.

Any request to domain xyz.com should be forwarded to the up-stream proxy. If the up-stream proxy can not resolve it, then our proxy should try to resolve it via our Internet connection.

All other requests should be resolved via our proxy on our Internet connection, and no attempt should be made to forward it to the up-stream proxy.

Is this doable?