## Client
Novell Client: NC 4.91 SP4 + post-4.91 SP4 Login Files 4
Connection type: Wireless
Wireless Manager: Windows Zero Configuration

## Server
Authentication Server: FreeRadius
Network Access Account store: LDAP
Novell Account store: eDirectory

In my test, the network access account is synchronized with the Novell account, but the Windows Local account is different from those two. The single sign-on works well at boot up.

However when I tested the login Workstation Only first scenario, I went through the following steps to enter Windows, get on wireless and attach to eDirecotry.

1. Powered on my laptop.
2. Got the red N window.
3. Checked Workstation Only option.
4. Typed in username and password of the Windows Local account.
5. Logged in Windows. Behind the scene, the wireless "association" was established and 802.1X authentication happened automatically. However the credential offered by the 802.1X supplicant was the Windows Local account. Because in the LDAP server there is no such account as the Windows Local account, the 802.1X authentication failed and the network access was denied.
6. Disconnected from the SSID.
7. Opened the red N window. Typed in username and password of the Novell account. Behind the scene, the wireless "association" was established and 802.1X authentication happened automatically. This time because the novell account was synchronized with the network access account, 802.1X authentication was successful. Got on the wireless network. However did not log in eDirectory automatically.
8. Opened the red N window again. Repeated step 7. This time logged on the wireless network and logged in eDirectory.

Did it look right?

In my mind, the proper steps should look like as the follows.

1. Powered on my laptop.
2. Got the red N window.
3. Checked Workstation Only option.
4. Typed in username and password of the Windows Local account.
5. Logged in Windows. Behind the scene, the wireless "association" was established. A bubble popped up above the wireless connection icon in the status bar on Windows Desktop, saying for example like "Click here to log on the wireless network".
6. Clicked the bubble, the red N window popped up.
7. Typed in username and password of the Novell account. Logged on wireless and eDirectory in one step.

Is my expectation reasonable? If so, how could I make it?

Thanks!

Andrew
University of New Brunswick