I have ZCM 10.0.3 and am trying to install the Adapative Agent to a single workstation.

My deployment task appears to run ok, but hangs leaving the Status at Installing (0 of 1). When I look at the deployable Devices and select the workstation, the Deployment Status is "Installing"

On the workstation itself, it appears to have created the \Program Files\Novell\ Case and Zenworks folders with various subfolders underneath.

When I look in the event logs on the workstation, there are two event logs which coincide which I'm assuming is a log of the point where it failed, see below for logs.

Ian

system log:-

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7034
Date: 14/07/2008
Time: 12:59:30
User: N/A
Computer: HSCIPC890
Description:
The Novell ZENworks Pre Agent service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s).
For more information, see Help and Support Center at Events and Errors Message Center: Basic Search.

Application log:-
Event Type: Error
Event Source: .NET Runtime
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0
Date: 14/07/2008
Time: 12:59:29
User: N/A
Computer: HSCIPC890
Description:
The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( .NET Runtime ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: .NET Runtime version 1.1.4322.2407- ZENPreAgent.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging Services: Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.
Process id=0xb8c (2956), Thread id=0xba4 (2980).
Click OK to terminate the application.
Click CANCEL to debug the application..