After one year of trying and using Novell Platinum Partners and Novell phone tech support for well over 300 hours, I finally have two (out of four) new servers in my tree, but I cannot move anything onto them. I am trying to use several different utilities because I do not want to manually set attributes and rights to every file again on four new servers, although at this point I am 100% positive that is the only way anything from Novell will work in converting to OES2 from Netware. ANyhow, just picking one of the servers trying to migrate from Netware 6.0sp5 to OES2 on SLES 10, I get the following error when using Novell Server Consolidation Utility: Error '(You may be able to look in SYS\SYSTEM\MIGERROR.LOG file on the destination and/or source server for more information about this error.) SMSConnOpen Xfffeffbd - The specified SMDR entry was not found. Make sure the appropriate TSA and SMDR modules are loaded on the source and destination servers and that the two servers can communicate with each other.' occurred attempting to open the connection to the SMDR from server 'OCMS' to server 'OCMS-1'. Make sure the TSA and SMDR nlms are loaded on the source and that the SMS modules are running on the Linux server. If SLP is not configured, you may need to edit the source server's SYS:ETC/HOSTS file, and insert an entry for the destination Linux server (include IP address and server name). See the Troubleshooting section in the user documentation for possible solutions to this connection error.

The second error I get is: Cannot check the SMS RPM version on server ''. Your user ID must be LUM enabled with SSH access to this server for this utility to check the SMS RPM version. Otherwise, you will need to check the SMS RPM version yourself.

The installed SMS RPM must be version 1.1.4-6 or newer. For your convenience, the required SMS RPM has already been copied to this server.

You can update the installed SMS RPM with the command:
rpm -Uvh /user/novell/sys/scu/novell-sms-i586.rpm
You will then need to restart SMS with the command:
rcnovell-smdrd restart

Error Details:
Cannot open file '\\\SYS\scu\smsinstalledversion.txt'

The system cannot find the file specified.

These may be two different issues, but does anyone have any advice on where to go from here.

Thanks, David