I just did a brand new install of ZCM 10.1 (for eval reasons) on a clean SLES10SP1 server on my network. It loaded up fine and I can access the control center etc.

I tried installing the PreAgentPkg_AgentComplete.exe that came on the server on a Windows XP SP3 workstation. It doesn't give any indication what its doing, it just eventually ended and there is a blue Z icon in the taskbar. Clicking this just says "Starting.." It never did anything else. I couldn't get the services to work, so I removed the agent completely, removed the .NET from the machine, and did a clean install of the agent. This time it loaded the agent and the services are running if I look at the services list. No errors are reported in event manager. The blue ZCM icon still shows "Starting" and it seems like it never grabs whatever it needs from the ZCM server to complete the install and register. It never asked me to reboot, but I did it any way just to be sure. Still, nothing. The icon doesn't show up after a reboot, although the services are running.

Anyway, I don't know what else to do with it. I'd like to do a network discovery with ZCM but it won't let me without a Windows Proxy and I can't even get this Windows machine agent to install so it can register and then be used as such. Has anyone had problems like this? I'm going through all the docs and forums and haven't found much that has helped.

Thanks for anything you can give me ;)