I am working on migrating a small company from NetWare 6.5 SP7 to OES 2 on SLES 10 SP1. They have a DOS application which is run from NSS volumes on NetWare that I need to migrate over to NSS on OES 2. I have already made one unsuccessful attempt at migrate this application over to the NSS volumes on OES 2. According to the vendor, the app does not work correctly on the OES 2 server because of "permissions or file lock issues" that need to be resolved for the application to work correctly. Does anyone have experience moving a DOS application from NetWare to OES 2 that might have some ideas on things I may need to configure. The first few items I have tested and did not resolve the issue. The last few are items I have not yet tested.

Here is what I have done:
- all users have RWCEMFA to the root application folder (tested)
- SET CROSS_PROTOCOL_LOCKS = 1 in NCPCON on OES 2 (tested)
- SET OPLOCK_SUPPORT_LEVEL = 0 in NCPCON on OES 2 (tested)
- SET FILE_COMMIT = 1 in NCPCON on OES 2 (untested)
- Set File Caching to Off in Novell Client on workstations (untested)
- Set File Caching on Exclusively opened files to Off in Novell Client on workstations (untested)
- Set File Commit to On in Novell Client on Workstations (untested)

I have been focusing on file locking issues as it seems like I have already given all the rights necessary for the user to run the program appropriately. However, is it possible that there may be LUM issues here as well? The users are not LUM enabled.

Any help would be appreciated.

Patrick