I'm running the Vista Client 1.0 Patch 6 on a Vista 64 system. Our server is OES Netware 6.5 SP5.

I recently replaced my XP desktop with a Vista64 system. Now when running Visual Studio 2008 to compile an existing project (which is on a mapped drive) the Linker fails with a couple of warnings which indicate file access failure or corruption.

These exact same project files compile and link just fine from an XP workstation running the Novell XP Client...

For testing, I asked VS2008 to simply create a new Console App Project, added a single line to the project ("Hello World") and tried to build the project. It fails with exactly the same errors.

If I attempt this on exactly the same workstation but to a drive mapped on a Windows Share (from an XP workstation) it works just fine. :-(

...additionally, it works just fine when using a local directory (no surprise).

I have tried changing the file caching and file commit properties in the Novell client but this makes no difference.

This should be easily reproduceable for anyone with access to Visual Studio 2008. It only takes a minute or two to set up the default console app in the project builder...

Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Any ideas on how to nail down the problem? It definately seems to be an issue isolated to the Novell Client for Vista...