Netware 6.5 SP7 abends when inserting new tape into drive. HP Proliant ML350 G4 - Hot Plug Tape Drive in top bay of array, however per HP recommendation it is in a duplex configuration so it is independant of the hard drives.

The tape backup software is Arcserver for Netware 11.1 SP3 (Build 4334). The backup is working, I get a complete backup and the tape is ejected waiting the next day. When I insert a new tape the next day I recieve the error:

Server SERVER halted Wednesday, September 3, 2008 5:03:10.310 pm
Abend 1 on P01: Server-5.70.07: Page Fault Processor Exception (Error code 00000000)

The CPU encountered a problem executing code in COMN.NSS. The problem may be in that module or in data passed to that module by a process owned by SERVER.NLM.

I have applied comn65sp7 to the server and rebooted. Still same problem. But the wierd thing is I get a perfectly good backup. ArcServe Manager does not report any errors, I have placed a call with them and they say it is a hardware issue as the backup is working just fine.

I have placed a call with HP and we setup the duplex configuration for the array (which is how it is configured), updated all hardware drivers, and it is still happening. Hp tells me it is an operating system issue and they can not help me.

I guess tha is why I am posting here, hopefully someone can give me some direction as to where to look....I am stumped!