Hello all,

I have been struggling the past few months with a corrupted broker and NDPSM. I have rebuilt both from the ground up and still was having issues with corrupt print drivers, drivers not showing up in the available drivers, etc.

I found the issue.

Sophos antivirus has been scanning the NDPSM and Resdir directories (even though configured to NOT scan these and other directories) and hand been hitting on a few of the files in there, causing the corruption. I have been functioning the past two years like this. I assume that some newer definition file is catch one or more of the HP printer driver files.

Just posting something for others to watch out for.