We are getting in several Dell Optiplex 755 computers in and researching told me to use the newest Zenworks 7 bootcd which fixes issues with Dell Optiplex 755.

Curretnly we are running Zenworks 4.01 ir7 and we are having issues with the Zenworks 4.01 ir7 bootcd with the Dell Optiplex 755 model.

I was told even though our imaging server is Zenworks 4.01 ir7, we can still use the newest Zenworks 7 bootcd to install the zen partition.

I have some questions as I'm ne to the Zenworks 7 boot cd which uses SUSE:

1) For Zenworks 4.01 ir7 bootcd we used LILO.s after restoring an image to a computer as it was the boot loader. For Zenworks 7 after restoring an image do I still use LILO.s or do I use Grub.s?

2) When I password protected the Zenworks 4.01 ir7 zen partition I modified the util.s file and placed it into the /Addfiles/BIN folder on the bootcd. Where is the util.s file located on the Zenworks 7 bootcd and how to you go about password protecting the zen partition of Zenworks 7?

3) When I compiled network drivers for the Zenworks 4.01 ir7 bootcd I used Slackware 10.2 as it was the same kernel 2.4.31 as our Zenworks 4.01 ir7 bootcd. Once the driver was compiled I copied it into the DRIVERS\NET folder of the Zenworks 4.01 ir7 bootcd and I also had to modify the DRIVER.CONF file at the root of the DRIVERS folder. For Zenworks 7 where do you copy the new compiled network driver too and is there any files that need to modified to make the network driver work once it's copied onto the Zenworks 7 bootcd(such as DRIVER.CONF for Zenworks 4.01 ir7 bootcd)?

4) I know with Zenworks 4.01 ir7 bootcd when you compile the network driver on a Linux box you need to use the .o file (i.e. e1000.0). When you compile the network driver for Zenwork 7 bootcd do you still use the .o (i.e. e1000.o) file or do you use the (i.e. e1000.ko) file?

5) For the Dell Optiplex 755 model using the newest Zenworks 7 bootcd should I leave the BIOS setting to Autodetect RAID/AHCI or should I put it to legacy still?

6) For the Dell Optiplex 755 with the newest Zenworks 7 bootcd it suggests in order for the network card to load automatically you can modify the isolinux.cgf and put the parameter newid=”0×8086 0×10bd,e1000″ at the end of the append line. However, in the documentation it just shows putting the newid=”0×8086 0×10bd,e1000″ on the append line of mode 2 and mode 5. The new Zenworks 7 bootcd however have several other modes as well such as mode 3, mode 7 etc... Do I put the newid=”0×8086 0×10bd,e1000″ at the append line for each mode?

7) When I installed a zen partition using the Zenworks 4.01 ir7 bootcd and put an image on the computer I timed how long it would take from powering on the computer to the Novell login and it took about one minute and 20 seconds. With Zenworks 7 zen partition does it take a lot longer from powering on the computer to the Novell loging when compared to the Zenworks 4.01 ir7 zen partition?

Thanks!