A tape backup job would not cancel so I restarted the server. After I restarted the server I tried to run /opt/novell/sms/bin/tsatest. When I do I get "No TSA Found". If I run smsconfig --list it says "The loaded TSA's are:tsafs". I reloaded tsafs anyway but still have the problem. I also did a novell-smdrd stop and start, but that did not fix it either.
I tried loading tsafs in debug mode and comparing a server that works with the one that does not. On the working server there is a line "scantargetservicename" and then it continues with a lot of other stuff. The problem server never gets that line. Instead it says ShutDownTSAConnectionServ.
I'm running SLES10 OES2.