Wow, i've lost track how many posts i've done now for ZCM, and how my SR's i've logged with Novell for this......well without swearing. PATHETIC PRODUCT!!!

I'm trying to upgrade a test ZCM system from to 10.1 (and then eventually onto 10.1.1). The server is SLES 10.1 32bit, and we have set it up with an OEM remote database. (We did a -c when initially installing the system to install the database this way, and so far it's been working fine)

I'm following the official Novell doco on the upgrade procedure, and and early on in the upgrade it fails with a:-

ERROR - One or more serious errors occured during the schema update By changing the log file type to "DEBUG" i get the attached info relating to the error (attached doesn't contain ALL the log file, just the portion with the error) It seems to fail at the following point

DEBUG 23/10/2008 12:08:26 /opt/novell/zenworks/share/java/bin/java:: OUT: SEVERE: Error while upgrading the Database
DEBUG 23/10/2008 12:07:59 /opt/novell/zenworks/share/java/bin/java:: OUT: FINE: Processing localization-updater-multiline.sql

I've searched around with no luck, but i'm wondering if it's having an issue with the fact our database is setup this way. It is an option to install it this way, so i'd assume it should work.

Is there anyway for me to manually update the database schema, so when i re-run the upgrade setup, it skips this step, as it can see it's already done?

Many thanks folks

P.S - Apologises for the rant, but does anyone disagree with me? :)