I have a OES NetWare 6.5 SP7 server which is setup as the master time server to provide time to all other NetWare/OES Linux servers. This server is setup to get time from the public NTP server and has been setup for more than 4 months and was working fine till this morning at 7:30 a.m. this morning. The xntpd console has the line said "Synchronization Lost" and it won't try to syn again.

At 4:00 p.m., I did "unload xntpd" and then "xntpd" to reload the module. On unloading, it recorded the following error in the ntp.log file:

input_handler: fell out of infinite while(is_ntpd_running) loop!

Then on reloading the xntpd module, I saw error:

cannot change keyid 0, key entry '0' ignored.

I have a test server setup and it was able to sync time from the same public NTP server so I wonder if this is a problem on my master time server? I tried to unload and wait 10 seconds before reloading xntpd and the (is_ntpd_running)loop disappear but I still get the keyid 0 error.

I checked the ntp.conf and ntp.keys files and they are not changed. Last time when I load xntpd, I saw the server sent out 2 requests to the public NTP server IPs (based on my firewall) and it stopped checking.

Does anyone has any suggestion for me to troubleshoot the issue?

When I did "time" on the console, it said:
Time synchroniztaion is active
Time is not synchronized to the network