I have loaded Zenworks 7 SP1 on SLES 10 with the ZEN7_with_SP1_IR2_DesktopMgmtLinux iso

Install went fine. Did not install the inventory proxy. It is a standalone server and was configured as such.

I get the following error when I try to look at the Software Inventory tab on the Inventory service properties.

"Unable to read zenworks software dictionary files from the inventory server. Reinstall the zenworks 6.5 inventory server"

Novell knowledge base says that this is caused by an upgrade from 6.5 to 7. Well, this is a fresh install of 7, no upgrade has been done. I have updated the software dictionary files from the Novell downloads site. I have verified their permissions are set to inventory user.

Samba is running and the smb.conf file is correct according to Novell website.

Also, the inventory database is not populating yet the inventory service log says the storer has accessed the database. I checked the size of the database files on the server and they have different sizes but have not changed in size.

I have also configured ODBC on my workstation and tested it for Sybase connection.

Any ideas? This is no good because I've gone so far as to format and reinstall Linux and start fresh, bit by bit, from the install manual to get it to work. No luck.

Thanks for any help you can give.