We're running:
-XP Pro SP2 clients with Zen SP1 IR3a agent, 4.91 SP2 Netware client.
-We are NOT running Middle Tier.
-Novell servers are running Netware 6.5 SP7, E-directory or 8.8.
-Zen server is also SP1 IR3a.

I have one laptop system, Latitude X300 (Pentium M 1.4 Ghz, 634 MB Ram) that will not apply the security template file (zensec.inf) when pushed through Zen workstation policy. I have other machines with the same XP image that consistently work fine. I think the issue has to do with the Zenworks agent policy processing mechanism on the workstation side because the Group Policy files are being copied down from the server. Settings within the LGPO registry.pol appear to apply fine but security settings made within zensec.inf do not work on this machine. It is consistent. I've even tried dropping a fresh "known working" image on the machine a few times but still having problems with getting the security template to apply.

I noticed this in the Zenworks debug log:

12/04/2008 17:22:35:181 Inf path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\GroupPolicy\Machine\Microsoft\ Windows NT\SecEdit\
12/04/2008 17:22:35:211 Dispatching cmd /c SECEDIT.EXE /configure /DB ZENDB /CFG "C:\WINDOWS\system32\GroupPolicy\Machine\Microsoft \Windows NT\SecEdit\ZenSEC.inf" /overwrite /quiet < c:\y.txt.
12/04/2008 17:23:35:398 Error processing .inf file. Wait for secedit timed out.
12/04/2008 17:23:35:398 Error 258 applying zensec.inf file. Trying regular security settings.

I'm not sure if secedit is timing out on this machine because it's too slow? There are quite a bit of settings in zensec.inf. When I manually run this command from the dos prompt, SECEDIT.EXE /configure /DB ZENDB /CFG "C:\WINDOWS\system32\GroupPolicy\Machine\Microsoft \Windows NT\SecEdit\ZenSEC.inf" /overwrite /quiet < c:\y.txt., the policy does apply properly. Oddly enough, I do not see the call to the secedit command on the systems that are working properly. I have attached the entire debug file from the failing machine.

Any input would be appreciated.