Trying to update the ZCM from 10.0 to 10.1.1. I do not understand why this product is so painful every step of the way. Trying to update from 10.0.3 to 10.1 was the same kind of hassle. The 10.0.3 problem is documented in these forums but I have seen nothing that is helping me get this upgrade to function.

The system update just does not work, I try to download the updates and it shows downloading for a minuet then just goes back to available, no error on the screen and I can not find anything in a log file.

So I try to go the manual route, I run the ZCM -sui and it returns "The updates contained in file.zip will begin importing shortly. You may use the zcc to track status import."

And again nothing happens, the loader-messages.log shows.

Thank you for any help you can give.

[DEBUG] [12/15/08 12:58:41 PM] [] [Loader.SystemUpdateModule] [FINEST: Attempting to get updates.xml from URL:
file:///opt/novell/zenworks/ZCM_10_1_1.zip/] [FINEST: Attempting to get updates.xml from URL: file:///opt/novell/zenworks/ZCM_10_1_1.zip/] [] []

[DEBUG] [12/15/08 12:58:41 PM] [] [Loader.SystemUpdateModule] [FINE: Importing update: Update for ZCM (10.1.1)] [FINE:
Importing update: Update for ZCM (10.1.1)] [] []

[DEBUG] [12/15/08 12:58:42 PM] [] [Loader.SystemUpdateModule] [FINE: Error downloading update] [FINE: Error downloading update]
[java.io.IOException: Command line 'df' did not return info as expected for path '/var/opt/novell/zenworks/content-repo'- response
on first line was 'null'
at org.apache.commons.io.FileSystemUtils.freeSpaceUni x(FileSystemUtils.java:304)
at org.apache.commons.io.FileSystemUtils.freeSpaceOS( FileSystemUtils.java:176)
at org.apache.commons.io.FileSystemUtils.freeSpaceKb( FileSystemUtils.java:146)
at com.novell.zenworks.systemupdate.SystemUpdateUtil. hasSufficientSpace(SystemUpdateUtil.java:317)
at com.novell.zenworks.systemupdate.SystemUpdateDownl oader.downloadUpdate(SystemUpdateDownloader.java:8 0)
at com.novell.zenworks.loader.modules.queue.handlers. ImportUpdateHandler.processAction(ImportUpdateHand ler.java:74)
at com.novell.zenworks.loader.modules.queue.runner.Qu eueThreadWorker.processAction(QueueThreadWorker.ja va:193)
at com.novell.zenworks.loader.modules.queue.runner.Qu eueThreadWorker.run(QueueThreadWorker.java:139)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run Task(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:650)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run (ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
] []
[DEBUG] [12/15/08 12:58:42 PM] [] [Loader.SystemUpdateModule] [FINEST: Attempting to get updates.xml from URL:
file:///opt/novell/zenworks/ZCM_10_1_1.zip/] [FINEST: Attempting to get updates.xml from URL: file:///opt/novell/zenworks/ZCM_10_1_1.zip/] [] []

[DEBUG] [12/15/08 12:58:42 PM] [] [Loader.SystemUpdateModule] [FINE: Unable to get update listing for pru version 10.1 from
file:///opt/novell/zenworks/ZCM_10_1_1.zip] [FINE: Unable to get update listing for pru version 10.1 from
file:///opt/novell/zenworks/ZCM_10_1_1.zip] [java.io.IOException: File does not exist in specified zip file:
zip: (/opt/novell/zenworks/ZCM_10_1_1.zip) file: (pru/10.1/updates.xml)
at com.novell.zenworks.systemupdate.ZipHelper.writeEn tryToStream(ZipHelper.java:106)
at com.novell.zenworks.systemupdate.ZipHelper.getUrlA sString(ZipHelper.java:32)
at com.novell.zenworks.systemupdate.UpdateDownloader. getAvailableUpdates(UpdateDownloader.java:147)
at com.novell.zenworks.systemupdate.UpdateDownloader. getAvailableUpdates(UpdateDownloader.java:112)
at com.novell.zenworks.systemupdate.UpdateDownloader. getAvailableUpdates(UpdateDownloader.java:100)
at com.novell.zenworks.loader.modules.queue.handlers. ImportUpdateHandler.processAction(ImportUpdateHand ler.java:63)
at com.novell.zenworks.loader.modules.queue.runner.Qu eueThreadWorker.processAction(QueueThreadWorker.ja va:193)
at com.novell.zenworks.loader.modules.queue.runner.Qu eueThreadWorker.run(QueueThreadWorker.java:139)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run Task(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:650)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run (ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)