I ve been using CIFS for quite awhile without hardly any issues at all, and all of a sudden, I'm having a real problem just maintaining a CIFS connection from any of my windows platforms (server 2003, XP, Vistsa, windows 2000). I've checked all of the obvious culprits on the windows side.

Microsoft network server: Digitally sign communications (always) = Disabled
Network security: LAN Manager authentication level=Send LM & NTLM - use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated

I even deleted a few unused Group Policy objects just in case. Triple checked the others for contradicting settings, but everything looks as it should.

I have changed nothing on the NetWare side, except I add the new NSS patch for NW6.5 SP7 just in case it made of difference. All the CIFS settings are the same.

CIFSNLM Operating Parameters:
Server - "SERVER1-W"
Comment - "SERVER1 Netware 6.5 Server"
Authentication - "Domain (passthrough)"
Oplocks - Disabled
DFS - Disabled
Unicode - Enabled
Domain Add-on - Disabled
SMB Signatures - Disabled
Share point - "Export All mounted Volumes"

Now here's the crazy part. If I issue a cifsstop then a cifsstrt, It works for only a few minutes from any of the windows machines I have tested it on regardless of platform then the drives become inaccessible again. If I make any change to a group policy (it doesn't matter which GP object or setting), and force a gpupdate, the same thing occurs. At first I was leaning towards a GP conflict, but all my Microsoft clients have the settings listed above set correctly in the registry via the GP. Any Ideas will be appreciated.