I provide services to a local business that is generally an 8-5 M-F operation, but they regularly have their guys stay late (8pm) or drop by for 30-45 minutes after hours to do changes to their computer-controlled routers and other machines. They make prototypes of parts for manufacturers, so if the SLA machine finishes at 8pm, someone needs to go in, remove the part, and start the next one. It isn't unusual for me to be working on their system and have the shop owner pop in at 10pm.

Saturday afternoon at 4:30 I got a voicemail from the owner that one of their guys screwed up his machine just a few minutes earlier and now gets a blue screen. This guy messed up his previous machine 3 times before they got new ones 14 months ago. He's a Halo addict, and downloads crud on his work PC regularly. He's been talked to about it, but it hasn't sunken in. Until now.
I spent 2 hours on it yesterday trying to get rid of the malware that apparently futzed up the explorer.exe and who-knows-what-else. I finally talked to the owner and got the okay to reimage his PC. (when I built their PCs I had the foresight to keep an image on my server at home!)
I reimaged it last night, finished installing Windoze updates this morning and putting it in place. Needless to say, the owner is less than excited about having to reinstall their Solidworks, Quickbooks, and other specialized software yet again. I made that user only a member of the local USERS group, so I hope he's able to run that software. Otherwise, I'm not sure what else to do besides smack him upside the head.

I like additional work, but I much prefer to schedule it. What a dolt. I think this time the owner is going to turn my bill over to the (l)user to pay. It should teach him a lesson!