Installed a new server with a 5i controller portioned into 2 drives with sles 10 sp1 and OES2. Followed the instructions on install for evms Novell Documentation

Now I have a couple of questions, after finishing the install and setting up iManager, LUM users and nss I was able to create pools and volumes out of the unpartitioned space.

I created a sys volume, and a volume called reload on the first hard drive partition and a data volume on the second drive. Below is my fstab file.

/dev/evms/lvm2/system/system / ext3 acl,user_xattr 1 1
/dev/evms/cciss/c0d0p1 /boot ext3 acl,user_xattr 1 2
/dev/evms/lvm2/system/swap swap swap defaults 0 0
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs noauto 0 0
debugfs /sys/kernel/debug debugfs noauto 0 0
usbfs /proc/bus/usb usbfs noauto 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts mode=0620,gid=5 0 0
/dev/fd0 /media/floppy auto noauto,user,sync 0 0
SYS /media/nss/SYS nssvol noauto,rw,name=SYS 0 0
RELOAD /media/nss/RELOAD nssvol noauto,rw,name=RELOAD,norename 0 0
DATA /media/nss/DATA nssvol noauto,rw,name=DATA,norename 0 0

So now to the questions, the root file system has a sys folder on it with the kernel folder among others. Should I not use sys as an nss volume folder also or do I still need an nss sys volume for LOGIN PUBLIC etc?

The second question, the system boots and mounts the volumes fine but if I browse to the server volumes from a windows workstation with a netware client the sys volume has three folders ._NETWARE, LOGIN, and PUBLIC, the DATA and RELOAD volumes both show the DFSINFO.8-P file and an ._NETWARE folder . I do not see these folders in the sys folder on the root of the linux box or in the /media/nss/SYS. The only thing in the /media/nss/SYS, DATA, and RELOAD folders if you look at it on the server is the file -DFSINFO.8-P.

Trying to figure it all out, thanks for any advice you may be able to give.