Hi all,

I am sorry for this very basic questions, I guess. I used ZLM from 7 to 7.2IR2 now. I used it to upgrade SLES9, SLES10, OES1, OES2 (now), 32 and 64 bits ..

Before bundles...
In the past, i can rug lu and it will show me all updates for the packages installed on the target server. I did a : rug --debug up -N, to simulate the updates with debug informations, but packages are really downloaded locally. Then I did one by one with rug or rpm command. It went very smoothly and I was able to do that very carefully on a production server (automatic and blind updates for all the packages is just STUPID and DANGEROUS for me).

Today with bundles:
If i am right (please correct me if i'm wrong), with bundles i don't see any updates for my servers. All the received patches are present on ZLM in bundles. I need somehow to suscribe to bundles. I tried, sometimes it works, sometimes not. But then I was not able to do any updates and more importantly I can't see a way to update step by stpe, carefully, with dry-run or equivalent (may be because i do not understand anything of bundles ;-))

My question is :
- what is the exact procedure to play with bundles, on the ZLM side and on the target server side ? (the regular zlm doc is a joke and on this newsgroup i saw so many different ways to do something that should remain SIMPLE, no ?)
I want to come on my target server, verify that updates are ready, test the updates to point out any dependancie issue or whatever, and then do updates one by one (i've got source packages installed as weel so i need to be carefull), and now if it is a security, a recommended or optional update (or kernel so i need to do that in a very precise time to reboot the linux box).
- is it possible to apply patches one by one, with test and/or with rollback feature (if enough disk) ?
- is it possible to come back to traditional pathes way with these bundles ?
- is it possible to receive updates from ZLM and then work with these manually if no other way ?
- I do not use any other feature (policy, remote, etc...). Why not to move to SMT or whatever product Novell will create and change again and again !!

Many thanks in advance for any clear ideas...