Hi i have and environment which uses a netware environment but also another part of the organisation uses Active directory - hence we are using Idenity manager to handle/manage the user account creation/password changes in that manner.

We have been asked to implement a password policy to adhere to governement regulations, ie, Minimum characters, Minimum numerals..etc.

I have just noticed that nearly all the 3000 workstations have the novell client but NMAS is not enabled.

I have been looking at rolling out the latest Novell client 4.91 sp5 via acu login script with the NMAS enabled.
I have just had my collegaue inform me that he tried to enable the NMAS on a workstation that uses the Identiy manager and when he attempts to login gets the error message FFFFFec1 but if he turns off NMAS on the novell client it goes in with no errors.
This is like a no win situation as on the edirectory users side of things we can push out the new client with the nmas enabled via ACU...but if this does not work in the Identity manager for the users logging into their novell client with NMAS off how do we keep to a Standard password policy.

Our environment:

Main edirectory tree:
Netware 6.5 sp5

Identitiy manager tree:

Netware 6.5 sp4
Identity manager ver 3

Not sure what to do...