I purchased the courseware package for Novell 6. I am brand new to Novell and purchased this as it was cheap due to it is an older version. What I am trying to do is get my feet wet and learn the basic commands, setup, etc. I am not going to professional schooling to learn this...I am trying to do it on my own. With that said, I started going through the courseware and setting up the server. Chapter 2 of the book is blank, but I figured I would give it a go. I got the server installed, but I have 2 issues that for the life of me I cannot figure out.

Issue 1 - When looking at the server console screen I noticed I have an error while Ifolder was loading. The error states "failed to resolve server name for Check DNS or specify explicit server name."
I found this thread here on the forums, but I am not sure how to do what they say to do. Can any body please walk me through this? I think I have to edit the host file and the autoexec.ncf, but I am not sure.

Issue 2 - After manually loading the DHCP server "DHCPsrvr -d1" at the console screen I noticed I am getting an error stating "no lan based ip address assignment is possible".
I am not sure where to start with this, but needless to say I cannot continue with the courseware as objective 3 is logging into Imanager, which I cannot do due to the workstation is not being issued an ip. Reading other places it has been stated that I have to physically give the workstation an ip address, then it will connect. I have not tried this yet due to I am skeptical that that is all it is.

A quick breakdown of the setup I have - the dns and dhcp are all on the same computer. I have one system set up that I installed everything on and hooked a workstation through a switch into the server. I do not have a separate dns / dhcp server.

Please try and put responses in layman's terms as I am brand new to Novell and I am trying to learn it on my own. Thank you in advanced.