Howdy :)

So I have an NCS cluster made up of SLES10SP2/OES2SP1 nodes running traditional Linux Volumes with NCP shares (except the Domains which are NSS ofcourse).

Fabulous no? Well, no...but we won't go there :) Anyway, now I need to leverage dbcopy called by crontab to create backups of these post offices (as trying to back them up directly isn't recommended) to another server which would then pick it up with Tivoli. This is no problem on a standalone box.

But you know what I'm going to say next :) :) How do I setup a cron job to only run a command if the volume and cluster resource are loaded? And how would I manipulate it so that if there were two clusters running on one node, it would know to backup the data from both volumes?

What I understand so far is this : I could just setup the same crontab on all the nodes and have them run whether the volume is mounted or not. This is problematic and messy as it's error messages galore. I really don't want to do that.

On a few web pages, I've heard tell of people using scripting to modify crontab appropriately, but they weren't at all specific.

Has ANYWAY done anything like this before? Even if you've done it with HA Linux Clusters I'd like to hear from you.