Hello,

I want to login into a resource using SOAP.
I know i can't do that directly ... i have to proxy into that resource.
Question is:
What is the "supported" way to do this:
Do i have to send a loginRequest to login into the owner of that resource and then send another loginRequest to proxy to the resource,
or
can i do that in one step??

The reason why i am asking this and not just try it myself :) is, that i already did and noticed some strange behavior!

First of all, the official TODO of the SOAPApi:
(Novell Documentation)
says:
Code:
Proxy login is a two-step process. First, the main user logs into hir or her account (login). Second, the main user proxies into the proxy account (proxy login).
It is not clear to me if i have to do it in two steps or if it is done for me in two steps :)
On the same page there is an example of a SOAP-Envelope (loginRequest with Proxy) given which looks like this:
Code:
<loginRequest> 
<types:auth type="types:Proxy"> 
<types:username>u1</types:username> 
<types:password>u1</types:password> 
<types:proxy>u2.po1.domain1</types:proxy> 
</types:auth> 
<application>BEEPClient</application> 
</loginRequest>
From this example i concluded that i can do the ProxyLogin without an Login into the owner because the Envelope does not contain a SessionID.

So far so good ... i implemented it in that way (one step) and it workED!
On the next morning i tried the same application and it failed to login.
When i am sending an ProxyLogin i receive an ErrorMessage that a SessionID is missing O_O
Now i have rewritten this part to do it in two steps and include the SessionID into the second (Proxy)Login and it works again.
IF I RESTART THE POA IT WORKS IN ONE STEP, with returncode 0

Today i tried it again and it does not work in one step until i restart the POA.

Now plz tell me:
When i have to do it in two steps ... why does it work "sometimes" with one?
When i have to do it in one step ... why doesn't it work at all (sometimes)?

Thanks for your help!
Best Regards