I hope that someone can assist with this problem. We have a Netware 6.5 sp7 server that we have been struggling with Rsync abending it for quite some time now. We thought that we had corrected the issue, but last night, it abended again. I am beginning to really hate rsync. I am new to this rsync and don't completely understand it, but was handed this troubled server to try to fix. Talk about a learning curve.
This is the only server that seems to have issues, we have several other servers in the tree that use rsync and work perfectly, and have compared everything to them with this this one that fails repeatedly, and the settings, scripts, versions - all the same. Sometimes rsync will work well, then bam - it crashes. In the abend log - the recurring error message I see from the 49 abends from last night is :
Date of ABEND: Monday, April 6, 2009 11:09:41.543 pm
Abend Reason: Abend 1 on P01: Server -5.70.07: Double Fault Processor Exception (Error Code 00000000)
Running process: Rsync.nlm:a5351b80 process
Interrupted Process: N/A
Thread owned by NLM: Rsync.NLM
Stack: Stack dump exceeded the valid memory limit.
Additional Informaiton: The CPU encountered a problem executing code in LIBC.NLM The problem may be in that module or in data passed to that module by a process owned by rsync.nlm.
The above information was repeated 49 times, and then the server rebooted itself.

In the rsync log - there are i.o errors repeatedly - even when the server does not abend, and we have tried limiting the bandwidth, eliminating compression, verbose reporting, and we have also increased the winsock buffer on server and the receiving server, etc.
Version of Rsync is v 2.6.0 - Any tips, suggestions would be great. Thank you in advance.