Hello, new forum user here.

We are using the Novell Client 4.91 SP4 with Windows XP Pro SP3. When trying to do a passive novell login per the instructions at Novell Client 4.91 SP4 for Windows XP/2003 Readme - I'm having some troubles.

• MSGINA is being used for login - check
  • Credentials are being passed to NWGINA - check
  • Login script is running - nope!

Now, in the link above, it states that the login scripts wont run when using passive mode, and their workaround is to run the scripts after GINA login using the supplied registry key:

[ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run] nwscript=reg_expand_sz:loginw32.exe %username% /NA /CONT
When I log in, I get the confirm dialog asking "You are already logged in as user GBLAN_Sandrock. Would you still like to login as user GBLAN_Sandrock". If I click yes, it waits a few seconds and I get an error message saying the login information is incorrect. That registry key is passing through my username, but not the password to loginw32.exe

I can add the option /PWD=MyPassword to the registry key and it will work correctly, but 1) my password is now stored in the registry in plaintext and 2) I need multiple users to be able to log in to this machine, so storing my password won't work anyways.

Help please!