My setup is the following:

Two OES2 nodes in a cluster using a Netware 6.5 iSCSI target. I have installed GroupWise on the first node and it runs fine. I have installed the agents as required on the second node, but the MTA or POA will not start when running them as a daemon on the second node, but WILL start if I run them with the user interface. Everything runs fine on the first node.

I am following the installation instructions in the interoperability guide.

On the second node, when I issue:

/etc/init.d/grpwise start grpdom

I get "starting" "failed" - and the same with the POA using /etc/init.d/grpwise start poa.grpdom and I can't find anything in any of the logs to give me more information about why it is failing to load.

If I issue:

/opt/novell/groupwise/agents/bin/gwmta --show --home /grpdompath &

then the MTA loads fine - and the same with the POA using the similar command.

All of the above commands work on the first node. I thought that this could be caused by the second node not knowing where the --home path is because it loads fine if specified in the command. However, when starting it up as a daemon using /etc/init.d/grpwise start grpdom it should find the home path in the mta startup file just like the first node does. The startup files for both the MTA and the POA are located on the shared storage where the GroupWise installation placed them during the installation with the clustered option.

Where can I look for more information on the "failed" message...If I had a little more info. on why it is failing, that would defnitely help.