We are running a Single Server instance of ZenWorks ESM v3.5.0.154. Everything is running smoothly (or so it seemed) until today when I was preparing to finaly develop the enterprise-wide Client for deployment.

During the process I happened to notice that when I ran the Service Synchronization tool in the Configuration applet, I'd get the following message as it synched :

"The Management Service Agent status is unavailable."

I checked the Novell ZESM Management Server Agent service and found that it was not running. I tried to start it, and I get the following message :

"The Novell ZESM Management Server Agent service on Local Computer started and then stopped."

When checking the Event Viewer, I see the following error :

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Novell ZESM Management Console
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0
Date: 4/16/2009
Time: 10:10:53 AM
User: N/A
Computer: BXSOPS078-AP010

General Information
Additional Info:
ExceptionManager.MachineName: BXSOPS078-AP010
ExceptionManager.TimeStamp: 4/16/2009 10:10:53 AM
ExceptionManager.FullName: Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.ExceptionManagement, Version=1.0.1616.15402, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
ExceptionManager.AppDomainName: PolicyEditor.exe
ExceptionManager.WindowsIdentity: BANK\x900007

1) Exception Information
Exception Type: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
ErrorCode: 10061
Message: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it
SocketErrorCode: ConnectionRefused
NativeErrorCode: 10061
Data: System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
TargetSite: Void HandleReturnMessage(System.Runtime.Remoting.Messag ing.IMessage, System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessage)
HelpLink: NULL
Source: mscorlib

StackTrace Information

Server stack trace:
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect(EndPoint remoteEP)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.RemoteConnection. CreateNewSocket(EndPoint ipEndPoint)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.RemoteConnection. CreateNewSocket()
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketCache.GetSo cket(String machinePortAndSid, Boolean openNew)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientTran sportSink.SendRequestWithRetry(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientTran sportSink.AsyncProcessRequest(IClientChannelSinkSt ack sinkStack, IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders headers, Stream stream)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryClientForma tterSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleRe turnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateI nvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at Senforce.PolicyEditor.Bll.Configuration.LastRunDel egate.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult result)
at Senforce.PolicyEditor.Bll.Configuration.LastRunMan agementService()

For more information, see Help and Support Center at Events and Errors Message Center: Basic Search.

I'm at a loss as to how to resolve this issue - and I've hunted through the forums looking for solutions. The server is running Windows Server 2003 SP2, and the Firewall is disabled. Despite that I attempted to add port 3090 to the Exclusion list anyway to see if that helped, but it didn't resolve the problem.

Anyone have any idea? Thanks in advance...