I am receiving abends on a NetWare 6.5 SP6 server. Updating the SP is not an option at the moment. The server has not written an abend log. Initially all abends were multiple abends. I changed the error handling to auto restart type 0. Even though I tell the server to log the abend (Press X) the log still doesn’t get written, unless it writes it somewhere else. The abends are never less than 6 hours after rebooting and never more than 48 hours after rebooting. I am hesitant to install new patches blind, but all mandatory and recommended patches as of last summer were installed last summer, to the best of my knowledge. The only information I have to go on is what is on the screen after the last couple of abends.

System Halted 4/22/09 12:05PM

Abend in P00: Page Fault Processor Exception Error Code 00000000
Debug Symbols are Enabled
Running Process DNSThread Socketing Process

Add Info

The CPU Encountered a Problem Execution Code in Server.nlm. The problem may be in that module or in data passed to that module by a process owned by Named.NLM

It has been the same every time, except for the date and time. Any ideas would be extremely helpful, and greatly appreciated.