Home

Thread: LDAP error 50 (eDir code -672) during samify

LDAP error 50 (eDir code -672) during samify

During dcmake samify existing users phase I get error 50 returned from LDAP. Explanation is insufficient access. The process runs with my existing eDir admin privileges and it has access to user in question. The total of objects is little over 600. If I reduce the number, the error is returned for a different user. Any ideas, why this would happen?

Re: LDAP error 50 (eDir code -672) during samify

I don't know if this would cause this type of error, but do all your servers have their uniqueid attribute set?
    Marcel Cox

Sorry, did you mean users or servers?
    All users have their uniqueid set. I thought of that myself and checked them, but those, that are causing error -672 have it set.

Sorry, did you mean users or servers?
    All users have their uniqueid set. I thought of that myself and checked them, but those, that are causing error -672 have it set.
    I also noticed one peculiarity; the user with the error is always the 31st name from the bottom up. I have little over 600 entries and I also tried with smaller numbers, if that afftected the process. But it didn't and I always receive the error for the user that is the 31st from the bottom up.

Ok. I sorted it out. It appears there was an IRF set, that prevented the server changing the properties of that user, altough on the object itself admin had explicitly assigned Supervisor rights.
    The output, that DSfW gives on failure was ubiquitous and I thought the error was where the -672 error appeared. That was however not the case.

mdemsar wrote:

>Sorry, did you mean users or servers?

Sorry, I meant users of course-

--
    Marcel Cox
    http://support.novell.com/forums
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Marcel Cox's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=8