Dear Folks,

I'm Running OES2 SP1 on SLES 10 SP2. I have 2 buildings connected by a WAN (~10Meg). Each building is in an OU in the same tree. Everything is replicating and happy. Each building is in its own subnet and has its unique domain name. I have a server in each building that is in the OU for that building.

Each server is running OES DNS. This is working OK. I'm using this DNS as a behind the firewall DNS so I can resolve local addresses using names. These are not the "official" DNSs for these domains, but as far as the local users are concerned they are authoritative.

What I would like to do is have each server back up the other, at the same time giving the people in each location the ability to use names instead of addresses to access resources in the other building. This is especially attractive because I took the advice in the documentation and used names for the iPrint servers, so until I get this working I can't administer iPrint unless I'm in the building that hosts the server.

The documentation is not very clear. I think I want the server in the remote building to be a passive primary. However it seems when I set the scope it excludes browsing to the server in the other building. I can't set the scope to the O that is the parent of both OUs. I don't think I want to duplicate the Zone in each container making it a secondary in the container where the secondary server lives (do I?).

Has anyone out there done this? Can anyone give me some advice as to how to configure it?

Thanks In Advance
Craig Lyndes
St Albans City School