I am using the GW8 client and taking advantage of the ability to open web pages within panels and I have encountered a mystery I can't solve.

The workstation is Windows XP SP3 and my default browser is Firefox. In GroupWise, under Tools, Options, Environment, Firefox is set as my default browser. However, within the panel, the browser GW8 is using is ... surprise, surprise, IE.

I don't like it, but I can live with it except I can't live with it. Whenever I click on a link within the page I want to view, a message pops up saying "It appears your browser is blocking popups". The content then dutifully appears within a new Firefox tab.

So, I open the dreaded IE and I add the web page I'm using to the popup blocker list of exceptions. No dice. Restart GW. No dice. Restart IE and GW. No dice.

Okay, so I disable popup blocking in IE. No dice. Restart GW. No dice. Restart IE and GW. No dice.

So then I think to myself that GW8 is using, perhaps, its own IE engine. Is that possible? If so, how do I manage it to allow popups, accept certificates, etc ... ?

Any advise?

Thanks.