I recently upgraded a server from SLES 10 SP1 with OES 2 to SLES 10 SP 2 OES 2 SP 1.

During the upgrade it froze on the iManager configuration. So I rebooted the machine and started the config over again and disabled iManager config. After everything was upgraded and the machine rebooted, I went back to the OES config and tried to setup iManager again. Still sat there forever doing nothing. So I went through a TID to remove Novell-iManager and reconfigure. After countless reconfigurations of LUM and Novell-iManager I finally got iManager to install properly. However, I couldn't start Tomcat5 or Novell-Tomcat5. I keep getting this in /var/log/messages:

May 7 14:37:40 NDS02 [powersave]: WARNING (filter_function:208) Hal service stopped. Battery information no longer available
May 7 14:37:40 NDS02 [powersave]: ERROR (filter_function:97) DBus daemon disconnected. Trying to reconnect...
May 7 14:37:42 NDS02 zmd: NetworkManagerModule (WARN): Failed to connect to NetworkManager
May 7 14:37:42 NDS02 zmd: Daemon (WARN): Not starting remote web server
May 7 14:37:43 NDS02 [powersave]: ERROR (dbus_reconnect:53) Reconnected to dbus daemon
May 7 14:38:04 NDS02 kernel: ip_tables: (C) 2000-2006 Netfilter Core Team
May 7 14:44:20 NDS02 su: PAM_NAM: pam_sm_acct_mgmt: pam_sm_acct_mgmt called without prior authentication for user [tomcat]
May 7 14:44:20 NDS02 su: (to tomcat) root on none
May 7 14:44:58 NDS02 su: PAM_NAM: pam_sm_acct_mgmt: pam_sm_acct_mgmt called without prior authentication for user [wwwrun]
May 7 14:44:58 NDS02 su: (to wwwrun) root on none

I have rerun and verified that LUM is configured properly. The /etc/group file was not showing exactly like my other servers, so I did fix that and reran LUM again. Still can't start Tomcat. I am lost here. I have been trying to get tomcat to start for over a week. I have checked all kinds of forum posts and troubleshooting LUM but can't seem to get it to work.

And just another observation... the update process to SLES 10 SP2 OES 2 SP1 has been painful on all three servers I've done lately.