Hi there,

I went to upgrade to ZLM73 earlier (from ZLM72 IR2 HP3 on SLES 10 SP2), and the zlm-upgrade failed after a few minutes with the following message in zlm-upgrade.log just after a list of RPM packages:

ERROR: Transaction failed:
Jun 03 13:34:34 It looks like zmd was unable to update the rpms. Check the logs.

OK, so I checked all of the RPMs that it said it was going to install though, and they were all installed... (i.e. -7.3.0-0.0.0 extensions, and all packages show up as installed) and a "rug ping" says I have ZMD 7.3.0 installed.

I tried to run zlm-upgrade again to "finish off" the upgrade, but it fails shortly into the script with the following python error (I presume it won't run correctly now anyway as it may pick up that 7.3.0 is installed and just go no further) :

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/mnt/ZLM73/data/zlmupgrade.py", line 455, in ?
File "/mnt/ZLM73/data/zlmupgrade.py", line 217, in main
novell_zmd_version = string.split(ZLMZMDLib.rpmPackageVersion('novell-zenworks-zmd'), '.')[:3]
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/string.py", line 292, in split
return s.split(sep, maxsplit)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'split'

I try then to do zlm-config --restart, and everything starts except for eDirectory (obviously not reconfigured properly during the upgrade).

Where do I go from here?? Do I have to reconfigure eDirectory manually? Bit of a disaster for the upgrade process really, no? Any pointers or suggestions welcome.