I've been working on getting CIFS configured on a NetWare 6.5 server. Everything seems to be in order with the configuration based on documentation and suggestions I've found in the TID's and in the forums.

CIFS is configured for domain authentication, a sharename has been setup, the server is using the default "servername-w" naming convention, the domain controller has been set in eDirectory along with the IP address and WINS server and when I try to connect using a Windows workstation the drive map is established but when I try to access the drive letter it comes up stating "Z:\ is not accessible. An unexpected network error has occurred." The test account I am using is synchronized between our eDirectory tree and our AD environment and even the password synchronization process is working.

For testing purposes I have the NetWare 6.5 server and Windows PC on the same subnet and NetBIOS over TCP/IP is enabled on the workstation. I also ran the NMAS trace as suggested by one of the moderators here and it indicates that the login was successful and does not show any errors.

I tried this configuration initially with local authentication and simple password to the server and it worked beautifully the first time. All the rights established for the folders assigned to the user worked as advertised. This issue occurred only after switching authentication from local to domain.

I think that I'm just missing some setting somewhere as it seems like I'm very close to getting this configuration working. Does anyone know of anything else to check in NetWare or Windows for troubleshooting?