Latest hurdle in consolidating a Netware 6.0 sp 5 server to NOWS SBE.

The source server will show NUWAGENT screen and that it is connected to [server].Netware file system. But it just hangs. Attempts to unload NUWAGENT fail, but at least the server is still running. The only way to clear it is to hit the reset button. Attempts to down the server also hang.

SCMT error log shows:

Error '34841' occurred attempting to open the connection to the SMDR from server 'NWPP1' to server 'NW1'. Make sure the TSA and SMDR nlms are loaded on the source and destination servers. If SLP is not configured, you may need to edit the destination server's SYS:ETC/HOSTS file, and insert an entry for the source (include IP address and server name). See the Troubleshooting section in the user documentation for possible solutions to this connection error. --- Error caused by a NetWare API error --- The connection to the server was lost. (Error code: 0X8819 Function Name: NWNCPExtensionRequest)

An error occurred attemping to disconnect from the servers. Source: Destination: --- Error caused by a NetWare API error --- The connection to the server was lost. (Error code: 0X8819 Function Name: NWNCPExtensionRequest)

An error occurred attempting to validate or migrate the file system from 'NWPP1' to ''. --- Error caused by a NetWare API error --- The connection to the server was lost. (Error code: 0X8819 Function Name: NWCCOpenConnByName)

TSA5UP19 applied to the source server.

Destination volume is NSS, as best as can be had within SBE.

Everything in TID 7001767 checks out.

Source and destination are in different trees as this is the only way to migrate from GW 6.5 to GW 7.0. With 2 trees I can do practice runs and so this is another. The problem went away in an earlier practice run, but I don't remember what cleared it. Also I ended up with empty folders after the consolidation.

Any insights?