We currently have two NW 5.1 SP8 servers running NDPS with about 70 or 80 printers defined on each. We put even numbered printers on one, and odd numbered on the other. No queue based printers, all NDPS.

I read through the documentation for iPrint, but I'm not finding what I want.

I'd like to know the easiest (pain free) method to migrate NDPS off of these NW 5.1 servers to two new NW 6.5 SP8 virtual servers that I just built.

When I say pain free, I would like to be able to migrate without any impact to the users or the printers they already have installed. Whatever I have to do on the back end is fine, I just don't want to disturb the user's print configurations.

We have 600 + users scattered out over 25 different departments in our organization. Probably half of the printers have LPR enabled to receive print jobs from linux financial systems. Those linux configurations point to specific server / printer. We use DNS CNAMES for the server names in our CUPS configurations, so switching to new servers there shouldn't be a problem as long as the printer names don't change.

Does anyone have a step by step guide to pulling this off? Thanks.