Hello all: If you read my last two posts you might gather
my BM3.9 upgrade installation has not proceeded smoothly.
Well, I finally figured it out and I want to warn you of a
BIG gotcha or two.

To recap, my installation failed immediately after accepting
the license agreement (which was for BM 3.8). The failure
in ni.log indicated a java class failure.

I tried a few suggested remedies, but no joy. While
scanning TIDs I came across TID 10095618. This a BM3.8
issue and the description resembled mine nicely. So, with
nothing to loss (except potentially $650 to call Novell
support) I edited products.dat using prodsync menu. Changed
my NICI version from 2.7.2 to 2.7.0. (BTW, 2.7.2 gets
installed if you apply ss204nw patch.)

Rebooted and reran the installation - BINGO. License
agreement came up for 3.9. Installation proceeded from
there. Went back and changed products.dat back to state
before installation (NICI back to 2.7.2)

BUT - had the following non-show stopper issues:
1. x stopped updating the screen about 90 % thru the
install. Had to restart server. Continued installation a
second time, x crashed again but recovered.
2. Filters did not migrate correctly. Had to run
fillattr.ncf to correct. See Craig's document for EXACT
parameters to pass.
3. iManager plugins did not install properly. Had to
remove them, restart tomcat and reinstall manually.

So now I have a running 3.9 installation. What a ride.
Chris.