My server upgrade failed from NW65-SP5 to SP7 at 91% when the server abended on module JVM.NLM (which had recently been causing me problems).

In trying to get the server to boot, I discovered that some new NLMs in C:\NWSERVER were corrupted, including the SERVER.EXE.

After manually copying the files from SP7's CD in directory...
E:\STARTUP\*.* to C:\NWSERVER\*.*
The server would now partially start up.

Since the server would not completely come up due to LIB0.NLM not being able to find public symbol ExecuteNCPPacket, I manually rebooted the server using the following commands:
SERVER -NA -NS
STARTUP.NCF
LOADSTAGE 1

Everything appears AOK & no err msgs yet. Vol SYS mounts AOK and SYS:SYSTEM in now in the server's search path.

When I manually load LIB0.NLM I see the the following err msg in the Logger screen:
Loader cannot find public sybmol ExecuteNCPPacket for module LIB0.NLM

If I can get this module to load, then I can get the other dependent modules to load (REQUESTR, CLIB, NLMLIB, etc.), & proceed to back out SP7.

All of my searches for that public symbol were painfully fruitless. The same for troubleshooting LIB0.

Since public symbol errors usually result from mismatched NLMs, I compared the date of the loaded modules to that on the SP7 CD. All appeard OK.

What NLM puts that public symbol out there?

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who can lead me forward from this point.

Thanks for the assist.