Trying to create a PSM in my test environment, which is OES2 SP1 (64bit) with the novell-iprint-server-6.1.20090714-1 patch (as provided by support)
The iprint services are based on an NSS volume, within an NCS resource. I have run the (new) iprint_nss_relocate script and have previously had a differently named instance of a PSM running in this scenario.

When I use iManager to create the PSM it reports success, and indeed created the sym linked config files that you would expect in /etc/opt/novell/iprint/conf (->/media/nss/SBIPRINT/etc/opt/novell/iprint/conf) i.e.

ipsmd.conf -> /etc/opt/novell/iprint/conf/TEST-PSM.Resources.STBERNARDS.ipsmd.conf

However, it does not create the object database under /var/opt/novell/log/iprint (->/media/nss/SBIPRINT/var/opt/novell/iprint)

and when I try to start ipsmd (rcnovell-ipsmd start) the log file shows:

Aug 11 14:20:36 INFO iPrint Manager 'TEST-PSM.Resources.STBERNARDS' has started
Aug 11 14:20:36 FATAL Error (506D0203) occurred while initializing the Managed Object database.

Now this is an 'old' style error, from when you couldn't run iprint under nss (pre OES2 SP1)....

Does this suggest something wrong with the sym links?
Also, when does the PSM db get created? Is it during the iManager create process? or does this just prepapre the eDir objects and .conf file, so that the initial ipsmd will create it?

Any thoughts as to how to troubleshoot this will be welcome...
Many thanks