hi folks,

ive searched high and low, and was wondering how one could best save all the teaming settings and prefs of teaming in a nice & cozy script. and it works. *surprise*

-i am not a linux expert. there are probably tons of ways to make it easier, faster, whatever, but i thought id share it. ***i will not take any responsibility for this script.***

- this script makes a sql dump which is easily re-importable in case of disaster recovery.
- it copies the mysql service files and teaming files into a directory you created before
- it compresses the whole thing with a time stamp

novell docs tell us what to save, and i am trying to implement it in an executable script.

#Stop Teaming according to Novell Docs
/etc/init.d/teaming stop
#Make a dump of the SQL Database and copy it to a directory i created (Password filled with stars ;-) (btw: /team_backup is a directory i created, only have to do it once)
mysqldump -u root -p ****** --all-databases > /team_backup/all_databases.sql
#Now stop the MySQL Database
service mysql stop
# Copy the relevant Teaming and MySQL Service Files (Lucene is in the Teaming Directory)
cp -r /var/opt/novell/teaming /team_backup/
cp -r /var/lib/mysql /team_backup/
#Start the MySql Service again
service mysql start
#Start Teaming
/etc/init.d/teaming start
#Compress everything and add today`s date
tar -cf teaming_`date +%y%m%d`_backup.tar /team_backup

you can copy all of the script into a file using an editor of your choice (i used gedit) and then make the file executable with chmod +.

hope i helped someone