Hi All,

I have an issue with some advanced workflow I'm designing, I'm looking for a bit of direction...

We have a workspace template that deploys cookie-cutter templates for projects that we then assign users to. All very straightforward. Now, there are several sub-folders within the project, which will have workflow associated with them.

The primary folder holds a custom form that defines the project manager, and the staff that are on a given project, with a User List element.

What I need to be able to do, is have workflow act on other sub-folders (project plans and such) but use the project manager entry defined in the primary folder for access control over the workflow. I hope that makes sense...

At the moment, it seems I can only get it to work if I add a project manager field to the forms for each subfolder, and use workflow to point to that for access control, which creates quite a lot of extra work.

As I write this, I'm beginning to wonder if this is actually working as designed... How would workflow in a given folder know how to reference an entry in another folder within the same workspace?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.