I'm trying to get the Novell iPrint client installed on Ubuntu, but I keep running into an issue with the iPrint listener daemon. So far, no luck on Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty) or the latest alphas of Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic), both 32-bit and 64-bit variants of each. What happens is, after installation the first print job works as expected. I'm prompted for my Novell credentials, the print job goes through, and a few seconds later I have my printouts. After this, every subsequent print job will fail with the error 'client-error-not-authenticated'. This persists until I kill and restart the iPrint listener. At this point, the next print job will ask for my credentials, print normally, and then I'm back to getting 'client-error-not-authenticated' until I restart the listener again.

Ideally, I would like to have it set up on a 64-bit install so that I don't have to manually restart the listener after every print job, and it would also be nice if the client could remember my credentials. I'm also open to methods that run a script before (or should it be after?) printing anything that will force the listener to restart.