Hello,

to make some tests I have set up the iPrint-environment and added two printers. One with secure printing the other one without.

The one without secure printing works fine on every workstation so far, there are no problems at all. YEAH!

The one with secure printing however produces some errors while trying to install. The iPrint-client installs just fine but when trying to add the printer it fails immedeately after I click on the link for the printer.

But these errors just occur on some workstations. Strangely there are a lot of workstations where it runs just as fine as the one without secure printing enabled. There are just minor differences between the workstations where it works and the ones where it fails. All have the exact same hardware and WinXP with nearly the same configuration. Some just have different programs installed. All of them have all Windows Updates via Auto-Update installed and all the other applications are the newest versions too.

I've tried to install the printer via Firefox and IE. After a while I also changed the versions of Firefox and IE to older ones. I have also tried older versions of the iprint-client.

With IE I get the following error:

------------
ErrorCode: 1

Fehlermeldung: Fehler in der SLL-Bibliothek

Fehlergruppe:SLL
Fehlercode:: 1
-----------

The ippErrs.txt-file says this:

-----------
Module: iexplore.exe
Trace Info: myhttp.c, line 2781, thread 00000A24
Routine: SSLConnect - failed to create SSL_connect
Error: Fehler in der SSL-Bibliothek.
----------

With Firefox I get this error:

-----------
Fehler in der SLL-Bibliothek
-----------

Here the ippErrs.txt-file says this:

-----------
25.08.2009 - 15:54:18
Module: firefox.exe
Trace Info: myhttp.c, line 2777, thread 00000794
Routine: SSLConnect - failed to create SSL_connect
Error: Fehler in der SSL-Bibliothek.
----------

I think I have nearly tried everything so far to get it to work on those problematic workstations. The next step for me would be reinstalling the whole OS to get secure iPrinting to run, but that would be the worst case scenario.

Are there any other suggestions?

Thanks!