I have downloaded the most current linux driver from Intel's web site (e1000e-1.0.2.5.tar.gz), untarred the file, swithched to that directory and ran the command 'make' for my e1000e.ko file. I have updated my linuxrc.config file with newid="0x8086 0x104d,e1000e". I have a /srv/tftp/boot/HOLD/work area were I have extracted the initrd to. So, now I have uploaded the linuxrc.config back to /srv/tftp/boot/HOLD/work and e1000e.ko file back to /srv/tftp/boot/HOLD/work/lib/modules/2.6.16.60-override-default/initrd, "NOTE: work/modules will be a sybolic link pointing to the correct location for the .ko files". so, now from the work directory exectute: find . | cpio --quiet -o -H newc > ../initrd.new (recompile image file). The initrd.new file will be in the HOLD directory. Delete the initrd file from the HOLD directory and rename initrd.new to initrd. From the HOLD Directory gzip compress the new image file: gzip -v9c initrd > initrd.gz. Delete the initrd file from the HOLD directory and rename initrd.gz to initrd. Rename the old initrd in the /srv/tftp/boot to initrd.old. mv the new initrd file from the HOLD directoty to /srv/tftp/boot and chmod 775 initrd.

**Please help, all my other HP desktops and laptops boot fine, it's just this one Gateway 265m