Hi.

I am running GW8 HP1 (build number 85855) on a Netware 6.5 SP8 server in a test environment and am trying to install SP1. I chose to install the GWIA at the same time as the rest of the agents and when I get to the Internet Agent Name page and enter valid information for username, password and context, I get the following error:

"Could not authenticate to the address specified. Verify the username, context and password are valid."

The Details button shows the following:

com.novell.gw.api.directory.edir.EdirAuthenticatio nException: (Error -601) The object name entered could not be found in the context specified. Refer to Help for all listings of possible causes and solutions.
at com.novell.gw.api.directory.edir.EdirectoryConnect ion.authenticate(Unknown Source)
at com.novell.gw.api.install.InstallConnectionProvide r.authenticate(Unknown Source)
at com.novell.gw.api.install.InstallUtilities.authent icate(Unknown Source)
Caused by: com.novell.admin.common.exceptions.UniqueSPIExcept ion: (Error -601) The object name entered could not be found in the context specified. Refer to Help for all listings of possible causes and solutions.
at com.novell.admin.common.exceptions.UniqueSPIExcept ion.newException(UniqueSPIException.java:102)
at com.novell.admin.ns.nds.jclient.NDSNamespaceImpl.r esolveSPIException(NDSNamespaceImpl.java:5332)
at com.novell.admin.ns.nds.jclient.NDSNamespaceImpl.a uthenticate(NDSNamespaceImpl.java:3768)
... 3 more
Caused by: novell.jclient.JCException: resolve -601 ERR_NO_SUCH_ENTRY
at novell.jclient.JCContext.resolve(Native Method)
at novell.jclient.JCContext.resolve(JCContext.java:94 4)
at com.novell.admin.ns.nds.jclient.NDSNamespaceImpl.a uthenticate(NDSNamespaceImpl.java:3747)
... 3 more

As a test I also downloaded HP2 and it works fine. I used an ip address for the edirectory server.

Does anyone know what this means?

Thanks

Scott Schaffer
Network Admin
Olive Waller Zinkhan & Waller LLP