I'm trying to allow our servers to choose between 2 LDAP servers following this guide: Novell Documentation

I renamed the file and changed the last few lines to:

x.x.x.1:636 \

Then used chown to give it the same user/group rights as the other files, followed by restarting novell-zenserver and novell-zenloader.

This causes the User Source to break on this particular server. ZCC says the context cannot be viewed and I found this line the zcc.log file:

03 Sep 2009 16:12:13 Message..... javax.naming.CommunicationException: simple bind failed: x.x.x.1:636 [Root exception is javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderE xception: unable to find valid certification path to requested target]

Do I need to install a certificate for this extra server I'm pointing to for load balance? If so, how?

I'm testing this on a primary server that was added today. Our original primary server is using embedded Sybase. All servers are running ZCM 10.2.0 on SLES 10 SP2 in a VMWare 3.5.0 environment.