I'm having a workstation login problem with a simple test ZCM 10 system. I believe the problem is related to certificates and CASA.

My test network is composed of three computers: (1) a NetWare 6.5 SP6 server, (2) a SuSE Linux ES10 SP2 server, and (3) a user workstation running Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3. The workstation is running Novell Client 4.90 SP2 as well as the ZENworks Adaptive Agent.

The workstation can authenticate to the NetWare server with no problem. The workstation, however, will not authenticate to ZCM 10 running on the SuSE Linux server. It hangs for a few minutes and then displays the message, "Windows Security Message: Unable to log into the network because the login credentials or the server certificate is incorrect."

The following entry, which led me to the conclusion that this is a credentials problem, is from the workstation's zmd-messages.log file: [DEBUG] [09/11/2009 12:01:52.390] [1588] [ZenworksWindowsService] [22] [] [RemotingService] [] [ZENGetAuthToken took exception: -939589631System.Exception: -939589631
at Novell.Casa.Client.Auth.Authtoken.ObtainAuthToken( String sService, String sHost, WinLuid luid)
at Novell.Zenworks.Native.RemotingService.RemotingSer viceImp.ZENGetAuthToken(String SessionID, String ServiceName, String Host, String& AuthToken)] []

Could this be caused by the NetWare and Linux servers not sharing the same cerfiticate? I installed the NetWare server first. I then installed the Linux server, but I allowed it to be it's own certificate server. So, could there be some sort of certificate confusion going on here?

Otherwise, I'd appreciate help with any troubleshooting of this problem. I haven't worked with certificates much before--I'm familiar with the theory but not the practical application--so this is new stuff to me.

As always, thanks much.