Hi all,

I've been asked to create a project plan to upgrade our GW system. Our current config is as follows:

Single domain on Dell PE2600 running NW6.5.7, with a PO, GWIA, webaccess as well. 22 other sites (we're a K-12 school district) each with a local NW 6.5.5 or 6.5.6 server, with a PO as well. Hardware for the remote sites is Dell as well, PE2600s or PE2850s.

This document has given me some good food for thought, as far as best practice goes.
Cool Solutions: Consultant's Corner: GroupWise Domain Design - Part 1

We're also in the process of upgrading our WAN to GB, so this begs the question whether we might be better off consolidating everything into a clustered environment at our administrative hub. Though this introduces the possibility of the remote sites losing connectivity in times of a WAN link failure.

Thoughts, opinions? Perhaps we are better served at least hiring the design portion of the project out. I am fully confident in my GW abilities, but our current environment is the only one I've known for the past 11 years, so I'm at a loss what a preferred design might be. But I could certainly take on the implementation task, even if it involved clustering on SuSE.

Thanks a heap

Len Bonk
Network Analyst
Community Unit School District 200